THAT NIGHT TIME SNORE SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED!
Is your body begging for help?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you having difficulty losing weight?
- Are you having difficulty with memory or learning problems and not being able to concentrate?
- Does snoring complicate your personal relationships?
If any of these sound like you, it may be time to take action. We can help you easily identify if you have Sleep Apnea!
What is the Anatomy of a Sleep Apnea episode?
1. As airflow stops during a sleep apnea episode, the oxygen level in your blood drops.
2. Your brain responds by briefly disturbing your sleep enough to kick start breathing — which often resumes with a gasp or a choking sound.
3. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, you probably won’t remember these awakenings. Most of the time, you’ll stir just enough to tighten your throat muscles and open your windpipe.
4. In central sleep apnea, you may be conscious of your awakenings.
5. This can occur hundreds of times each night!
The resulting lack of oxygen can heighten your risk of stroke, cardiovascular disease, and other heart conditions. On top of this, it can also accelerate the aging process; compromise your safety, health and overall quality of life.
Your experts at Leone & Vaughn Orthodontics are specially trained to help improve your quality of life. The Ebook we are offering will assess your risk and determine treatment. You can also read more about Sleep Apnea on our site.
If you or your loved one suspect sleep apnea, Seattle orthodontists Drs. Leone and Vaughn can help! Call us to schedule your comprehensive exam today.